Departure Points every Saturday and Sunday:
08: 15hrs. In Cerro Colorado Street # 5240, in front of the Torre del Parque 1 Building (Rear access to Parque Arauco)
08:30 a.m. Sector Plaza Baquedano, General Bustamante Street, side Movistar Building.
10: 15hrs Jumbo Rancagua, by Copper Road.
Road to Sewell:
10:30 a.m. Continuation trip to SEWELL on the El Cobre Presidente Eduardo Frei Montalba Highway, passing through Control Maitenes. It is followed by a splendid mountain road, with a panoramic view of the different and impressive facilities and plants of El Teniente Mineral. (Concentrator, Alto Colón Railway Terminal and Caletones Foundry).
12:00 hrs Arrival at the Sewell Mining Camp. With a general panoramic view there is a historical talk of the camp: its special architecture of cabins, buildings for the headquarters, employees, workers, the Long Scale, the Staff House, the theater, the Social Clubs, external view of the mineral, Cerro Negro and church. Entrance to the Museum of the Great Copper Mining.
3:00 p.m. Departure From Sewell to Fuente Millán.
4:30 p.m. Lunch at Fuente Millán, Rancagua.
6:30 p.m. Arrival to Rancagua.
7:45 p.m. Arrival at the same starting point, Santiago.
Value per person: CLP $ 49,000 / USD 90
Reservations to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour includes lunch and mobilization.
The mobilization is designed to leave from Santiago or Rancagua.
Minimun 2 persons.
Book at least 7 days in advance for group departures Every Saturday and Sunday.
Entrance to the Museum of the Great Copper Mining
Telephone: +56 22231 1588
Sewell Visitor Restrictions:
– Sewell people between 7 and 75 years old can visit.
– The Tour may be suspended due to weather conditions or by indication of the Lieutenant Division.
– Health compatible with height (2,200 meters above sea level) and appropriate high mountain clothing.
– For all tours: The entry of alcoholic beverages and people under the influence of alcohol is prohibited.
– For security reasons, Codelco does not authorize the entry of visitors to Sewell with jackets or sandals.
– Rate Restriction:
– Cancellations made before 12:00 hrs. the day before the tour, 100% of the value of the reservation is returned.
– Cancellations made the day before the tour, after 12:00 hrs. 50% of the value of the reservation is returned.
– Cancellations made on the same day of the Tour or no show, the return of the reservation value will NOT be made.
– Cancellations due to unfavorable conditions or by instructions of Codelco Chile – El Teniente Division (in these cases 100% of the tour value is returned).
– On the day of the Tour, visitors must sign a tourist visit manifest prior to entering Maitenes, where accident insurance is included and Codelco is exempt from any responsibility for any damages or accidents of any kind that may occur during the visit